Lower Valley Credit Union was started in 1952 in the basement of a local Catholic Church by 25 original charter members, depositing $5.00 each.
Due to the origins of the credit union it was naturally originally named “Catholic Credit Union”. At the time, there were only 2 Catholic Dioceses in the State of Washington, one was located in Seattle and the other was located in Spokane.
Then, in 1958 a new diocese was formed in Yakima. This resulted in a regulation ruling, which allowed for only 1 credit union within the same diocese. Therefore, a decision was made to keep the credit union that was located in Yakima.
We then re-incorporated, under our new name of “Lower Valley Credit Union”.
Planting seeds of opportunity for a better tomorrow.
To be a lifetime financial cooperative serving member-owners with fairly-priced products and services that help members achieve financial security.
- Integrity: To be responsible stewards of member assets through ethical business practices while returning fair value to members.
- Relationship: To demonstrate genuine care for the financial well being of members while building trusting bonds.
- Teamwork: To build a responsive and motivated team of professional employees who serve members with personal touch service.
- Knowledge: To continually educate members about sound financial decisions and be exceptionally informed as leaders.
- Results: To consistently achieve results for member-owners through the cooperative principles of credit union philosophy