Employees are one of Lower Valley Credit Union’s most valuable resources, and we take our responsibilities to our employees seriously. Each LVCU employee is also a member, and is to be treated fairly, equally, and with dignity, as an individual and as an important part of the Credit Union.
The Credit Union seeks to promote a workplace that reflects our ethnically and culturally diverse community. Our equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, policies and procedures, recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, job actions, and the workplace environment.
Current Jobs Available
Member Service Representative Supervisor - East Wenatchee
Serve as a liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on the full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for member, interview, and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transaction services to members including loan processing, closing and disbursal. May lead the activities of other Member Service Representatives
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Represent the credit union in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Provide in-person and by-telephone general and specific service-related information concerning credit union products or policies.
- Ensure that you and employees you lead are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- May respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members, again providing professional, prompt, efficient, and accurate service and information.
- Respond to members’ requests, problems, and complaints, resolving issues, and/or directing them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance. May handle more complex questions and problems for other Member Service Representatives.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files, and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Handle requests from members for transfers of shares to loan payments, share withdrawals, check requests, CD transactions, line of credit advances, and any other requests received from members.
- Process, close and disburse loans.
- Conduct orientation interviews on credit union services and programs with each new credit union member.
- Promote credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member interviews and /or review of member’s account. Actively cross-sell products.
- Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all credit union products and services that are handled or promoted by Member Service Representatives. Up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge on all related policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Provide information on investment alternatives to members wishing to deposit funds with the credit union.
- Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Assist member in balancing their accounts.
- Assist members in opening individual retirement accounts.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Type – Full-Time
Experience – Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Accountant - Sunnyside
Lower Valley Credit Union is seeking an experienced Accountant to join our team! The individual will be responsible for performing tasks necessary to balance and update general ledger and subsidiary accounts, maintain and reconcile daily cash accounts, and manage other accounting‐related duties.
- Prepare, pay, and file all accounts payable for the credit union. Research and resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions including investment activity and schedules, employee payroll, pension, and 401(k) entries.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger for various accounts as assigned.
- Prepare summary journal vouchers and verify that all other journal vouchers and cash received have been properly balanced and authorized.
- Review and analyze financial data. Generate a variety of reports and statements as requested by management.
- Prepare financial statements and reports on a regular basis. Examples of reports include teller variance report, daily cash flow report, renewable and share insurance reports.
- Post and reconcile the subsidiary records for the accrued income from investment accounts.
- Review daily cash balances.
- Prepare the credit union’s tax returns.
- Research and adjust all open items, cash imbalances, and variances.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Minimum three years of experience in the finance/accounting area of a financial institution.
Accounting Clerk - Sunnyside
Lower Valley Credit Union is looking for an Accounting Clerk to add to our team. This individual will need to follow detailed and standardized procedures in performing routine accounting clerical operations. Perform a variety of support duties related to the accounting function with the credit union.
- Perform a variety of activities to assist the manager in maintaining the financial, statistical, and accounting records of the credit union.
- Enter data into accounting systems and generate reports on a daily basis. Prepare various financial, regulatory, and special reports on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis as requested by management.
- Ensure that you are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- On a daily basis, verify and balance teller sheets from all locations. Total checks and prepare reports as warranted. Verify that checks received from members have restricted endorsement. Run tapes of check vouchers, receipts, and offline items.
- Assist with share drafts in encoding errors, late returns, and other problems. Batch checks in numerical order, indicating missing stubs.
- Journalize all necessary transactions and make sure everything is in balance.
- Review and enter employee expenses into the general ledger.
- Post some general ledger entries and proof totals with the general ledger system. File and store general ledger journals daily.
- Prepare accounts payable checks after receiving proper authorization.
- Maintain FED Line by wiring money to/from Federal Reserve, verifying outgoing wires, daily roll-over, and reconciling Federal Reserve Account.
- Reconcile credit card statements and share draft statements.
- Maintain working knowledge of various accounting software programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education – AA/Certificate with 2 years of related experience, financial institution experience preferred.