Employees are one of Lower Valley Credit Union’s most valuable resources, and we take our responsibilities to our employees seriously. Each LVCU employee is also a member, and is to be treated fairly, equally, and with dignity, as an individual and as an important part of the Credit Union.
The Credit Union seeks to promote a workplace that reflects our ethnically and culturally diverse community. Our equal employment opportunity commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, policies and procedures, recruiting and hiring, compensation and benefits, job actions, and the workplace environment.
Current Jobs Available
Accounting Manager - Sunnyside
Lower Valley Credit Union is seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team. The individual will develop, manage, and maintain reliable accounting information and reporting on income, expenses, assets, liabilities, and capital for management planning and decision making and for fulfillment of financial reporting requirements. Reconcile GL and bank accounts. Manage the activities of the accounting department and staff. Ensure that reports, accounts, systems, policies and practices adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounting functions to include AP, AR, budgets, cash flow, cost management, credit and collections, financial analysis, financial reporting and recordkeeping, GL, investments, payroll and taxes.
- Implement policies and procedures for the accounting department and insure that policies and procedures reflect current regulations, and are communicated to and implemented by subordinates.
- Ensure that you and the accounting department are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- Responsible for general ledger reconciliation, analysis of financial accounts, and preparation of journal entries. Provide end-of month close and produce monthly financial statements. Prepare or assist with incurred cost and provisional rate reports as necessary.
- Reconcile revenue reports, unbilled variances, special projects, payroll and timesheet reports, and claims disbursements. Prepare daily balance sheet (loan and share) analysis. Prepare daily cash position analysis.
- Ensure that all activities of the department are in accordance with GAAP and that the accounting records are maintained accurately and in compliance with laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement processes to streamline credit union accounting procedures.
- Develop and maintain complex computer-based analyses and reports of credit union accounting records on a regular basis.
- Provide regular reports to management of all online accounting activities for the credit union’s accounting/bookkeeping department.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
Minimum of three years of management experience.
Front Line Collector - Sunnyside
Responsible for the control of late and/or delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders for delinquent loans from 8-45 days. Make follow up telephone calls on delinquent loan accounts and maintain accurate records on delinquent loan accounts. Optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interest of the credit union.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prioritize and monitor payments first payment defaults. Follow up on delinquent, high-balance, and overdue credit balance accounts by phone and/or letter. Ensure professional interface with members.
- Contact high balance and/or delinquent members by telephone and mail to determine the reason for balance or delinquency, and assist them in developing plans to bring accounts to a current status. Develop workout plans and collect on overdue accounts wherever possible.
- Ensure that you are in compliance with all federal and state laws as well as the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and other regulations.
- Make regular/consistent notations on tracking system
- Ensure all member documentation is placed in the member file.
- Escalate loans as warranted.
- Actively participate in weekly meetings/trainings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
One to three years of similar or related experience preferred
High School Diploma or Equivalent to a high school education
Display courtesy, tact, and diplomacy with current and potential members, peers, and staff.
Proficient with standard office equipment Excel, MS Word, and Outlook.